Summer is officially over for us on Thursday. My kids return to school. As sort of a last hurrah, I took them out to dinner last night and we hit some of our favorite haunts: T.J. Maxx and Bath & Body Works. They love to plunder through Maxx's chaotic toy section and sniff all that B&BW has to offer. And, because of a couple of great coupons, I left B&BW with a huge bag of antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizers. Ah, the pleasure I had rummaging through that bag when I got home...
There's nothing like treating yourself to a small purchase to liven your spirits. I have a new doughnut pan that I'm dying to use. I found a blueberry doughnut recipe on a blog a few weeks ago and can't stop thinking about it. It's my project for this weekend. Here's my lastest, Honey Bun Cake.
Thanks to everyone who returned to the party last week and to those of you who accepted my invitation and joined for the first time. There were some great recipes at the party. As you can see from the top recipes last week, everyone was in the mood for cake.
Last Week's Top Recipes:
from The Pastry Chef's Baking
from Concetta's Cafe
from Lil' Luna
- Please link up to the URL of your specific recipe post, not the URL of your main blog. When it asks for "Name", type in the name of your recipe.
- Please place a link back to this post in your original post or Grab My Button included below.
- Share your most recent dessert. Link up as many desserts as you would like. More is always better when it comes to desserts!
- Leave me a comment in this post to let me know that you've joined the party. Also, if you're having your own linky party, feel free to post the link to your party in the comment section. I would love to join your party!
- Now, let's share the love! Please visit at least two others and comment on the delicious desserts that they've brought to the party. It means so much to a blogger to get some positive commentary!