I really enjoyed reading all of your hopes and dreams for your blogs at last week's linky party. There seems to be a lot of kindred spirits out there. I'm pleased to report that I'm beginning to live my dream. I've started writing a food column for my hometown newspaper. I've written two articles so far. Sometimes, I'm amazed that I even got the opportunity to do this. I wanted to share this here with you not to brag but to let you know that if you're dreaming of doing something more with your life and your talent then you should go for it!
I've always been shy and timid, spending the majority of my life living in fear: fear of putting myself out there, fear of failure, and even fear of success. I've often wondered what my life would be like if I didn't let it be ruled by that fear. I made a New Year's resolution to put myself out there and see what happened.
About six weeks ago, I worked up my nerve to "go for it". I wrote a proposal describing myself, my blog, my cooking philosophy, my goals and dreams, etc. and e-mailed it to a couple of editors in my area. Their responses were positive and encouraging. Fortunately, the newspapers are owned by the same company so there was no conflict of interest. I was asked for some sample columns and a week or so later, my career as a food columnist was born. The column, My Well-Seasoned Life, could be just the beginning or could be the finale. Either way, I took a chance and something happened. And, I have no doubt that with the talent I see here, it could happen for you. Go for it!
My latest dessert:
I want to thank everyone who returned to the party last week and those of you who accepted my invitation and posted for the first time. I love seeing your creations!
Last Week's Top Recipes!
Pina Colada Cake
from Cajun Delights
from Lark's Country Heart
Tied for #3
from Mrs. Fox's Sweets
from Sweet Baby Mason James
- Please link up to the URL of your specific recipe post, not the URL of your main blog. When it asks for "Name", type in the name of your recipe.
- Please place a link back to this post in your original post or Grab My Button included below.
- Share your most recent dessert. Link up as many desserts as you would like. More is always better when it comes to desserts!
- Leave me a comment in this post to let me know that you've joined the party. Also, if you're having your own linky party, feel free to post the link to your party in the comment section. I would love to join your party!
- Now, let's share the love! Please visit at least two others and comment on the delicious desserts that they've brought to the party. It means so much to a blogger to get some positive commentary!
The party starts here: