Summer is in full swing here! The kids have finished up a week of Vacation Bible School...to their relief. And, we were blessed with some much needed rain on Wednesday night with a few more chances for a shower or two throughout the weekend. The sprinklers may actually catch a break for a while. I know it may sound crazy but I love rainy weekend nights when the family is safe in the house and we don't have to go out and brave the elements. I can just snuggle in bed with my little boy, watch Scooby-Doo, and listen to the rain tapping at the windowpanes.
In the kitchen, I've got to come up with a few dishes to feed my husband this weekend being Father's Day and all. It's much easier for me to come up with dessert ideas and I have two that I want to try out this weekend. One is the Cake Batter Rice Krispies Treats from last week's linky party. I love to read a dessert and know that I have all of the ingredients in my pantry. I made a Georgia Peach Pound Cake last weekend and it was absolutely delicious! I hope you'll try it one day.
Here is last week's top recipes. I want to thank everyone who returned to the party last week and those who accepted my invitation and visited for the first time. I enjoy seeing all of your recipes. I want to remind you to sign up for my little giveaway Johnnie Gabriel's Cooking in the South. The giveaway runs through June 20th and is open to my followers (new followers are welcome, of course)!
from Lark's Country Heart
from A Little Bit Crunchy A Little Bit Rock and Roll
Two-Way Tie for #3
from Dee-Dee's Delights
from Lady Behind the Curtain
And a new category: Kim's Craving
from Dee-Dee's Delights
- Please link up to the URL of your specific recipe post, not the URL of your main blog. When it asks for "Name", type in the name of your recipe.
- Please place a link back to this post in your original post or Grab My Button included below.
- Share your most recent dessert. Link up as many desserts as you would like. More is always better when it comes to desserts!
- Leave me a comment in this post to let me know that you've joined the party. Also, if you're having your own linky party, feel free to post the link to your party in the comment section. I would love to join your party!
- Now, let's share the love! Please visit at least two others and comment on the delicious desserts that they've brought to the party. It means so much to a blogger to get some positive commentary!
The party starts here: