Bake it in a Cupcake
by Megan Seling
Andrews McMeel Publishing
The first thing that Megan Seling ever baked in a cupcake was a creme egg. From that point on, she was hooked on baking sweet treats inside of cupcakes. She loved the idea so much that she started a highly successful blog, bakeitinacake.com. And, the blog lead to this cookbook, Bake it in a Cupcake. Then, the cookbook lead me to open my mind to the endless possibilities of filling cupcakes with sweet surprises.
Do you like to bake fun treats? If so, this is the cookbook for you. In Bake it in a Cupcake, Megan Seling shows you how to turn ordinary cupcakes into extraordinary, fun desserts by baking a "surprise" in the middle of the cupcake. What kind of "surprise" you may ask? Well, let me give you a little sneak peek into each chapter and list a few of the little surprises that can be baked inside a cupcake.
- Baked Goods in a Cupcake: macaroons, pies, baklava, lemon bars, snickerdoodles, cream puffs, cheesecake
- Strawberries, Pineapple, Figs, Oh Yum!: strawberry, apple, coconut kiwi, mission fig, lemon, pineapple
- Breakfast of Champions: blueberry pancakes, cinnamon rolls, French toast, waffles
- I Want Candy: malted milk balls, cherry cordials, chocolate-covered pretzels
- Savory Treats: brie, eggs, chili, jalapeno
- Seasonal and Holiday Favorites: conversation heart, creme eggs, 4th of July apple pies, pumpkin pies, eggnog
In fact, Megan encourages you to make your own creations by including a blank chart in the back of the cookbook where you can record your own ideas. I'm already planning a yellow cupcake stuffed with a mini pecan pie and covered with Salted Caramel Frosting. For Thanksgiving dessert, I'm planning on making Megan's Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. Doesn't that sound like a dessert that you would be thankful to have on your plate?
I loved this cookbook and I think you will, too. There are so many creative ideas in here that I can't wait to try in my very own kitchen. After you explore Megan's blog, I think you'll fall in love with her work, too.
Disclaimer: The publisher provided me with a review copy of the cookbook; however, the opinion expressed here is my own.