by Grace Massa Langlois
Are you a fan of rich and luscious Italian desserts? Would you love to be able to recreate those desserts in your very own home? If the answers are yes, then you may be ready for a taste of Grace's Sweet Life, written by Grace Massa Langlois and published by Ulysses Press.
Grace's Sweet Life is a user-friendly cookbook filled with beautiful and tempting full-color photos of classic Italian desserts. I say it's user-friendly because Langlois has exhausted every effort to write the most detailed instructions to assure that your desserts turn out perfectly. You will feel like she is right beside you in the kitchen giving you a gentle nudge in the right direction.
And, with so many recipes to choose from, I'm sure you'll be able to find one that appeals to you and is on your skill level. As you can see, Langlois starts with the basics - creams and pastry doughs - and takes you through a selection of desserts that range from rich and creamy to light and fruity.
- Basics - Pastry Cream, Chantilly Cream, Meringue, and Sweet Pastry Doughs
- Cakes and Cheesecakes - Orange Cake, Puff Pastry Cake with Dark and White Chocolate Pastry Cream, Chiffon Cake with Orange Chantilly Cream and Orange Cream, and Tiramisu
- Mini Desserts - Mini Chocolate and Vanilla Bavarian Cakes and Mini Lemon Mousse Cakes with Limoncello-Lemon Jelly
- Cookies and Confections - Italian Waffle Cookies, Italian Peach Cookies, and Chocolate Salami
- Pies and Tarts - Chocolate Truffle Tart with Chocolate Glaze and Tartlets with Pastry Cream and Mixed Berries
- Pastries and Fried Desserts - Sicilian Cannoli, Italian Honey Balls, and Chocolate Eclairs with Pastry Cream
- Creams, Custards, Mousses, and Souffles - Panna Cotta with Raspberry Jelly, Butterscotch Cream with Hazelnut Pralines, and Nutella Souffle
- Frozen and Fruit Desserts - Assorted Sorbets (raspberry, lemon, and orange), Peaches in Red Wine, and Vanilla Poached Pears
To learn more, visit Grace's Sweet Life.
Disclaimer: The publisher provided me with a copy of the cookbook, but the opinion expressed here is my own.
Thanks for the review; it's on my list. Pretty soon I'm going to have to add on a "wing" to our home for my library of cookbooks! XOXOReplyDelete